Want to add a little pop of geek pride to your garden, stoop or patio? Then consider this simple Spider-Man pot. It’s a easy craft with a big impact.
What you’ll need for this project:
- 1 Terracotta pot
- 1 can of red spray paint
- 1 bottle of black acrylic paint
- 1 bottle of white acrylic paint
- 2 small to medium paint brushes
- 1 pencil
- Wipe your terra cotta pot clean of any dirt or dust and set upside down on drop cloth or paper.
- In a well ventilated area, spray the pot on the bottom and sides with the red spray paint and allow to dry.
- Once dry, turn the pot over and spray the inside and any missed spots around the rim of the pot, watch for dripping! Then let dry.
- When the entire pot is dry and no longer tacky, bring it into a well lit space and place it on paper or a drop cloth.
- with a regular erasable pencil outline the shape of the eyes for your pot.
- Once the shape of the eyes is complete, draw a small circle in between them, with lines connecting the outside of the circle to the edges of the pot in all directions.
- Paint the interior of the eye shapes with your white paint, then allow to dry.
- Once dry, outlines the eyes with the black paint.
- Trace the central circle and extending lines with the black paint, skipping over the eyes. Then allow to dry.
- Once dry, the last step is to connect the lines extending from the central circle with small dipping lines, creating the spiderweb shape. Allow to dry.
Once you’ve completed all the steps you should have something that looks like the picture below, except probably better because you weren’t distracting yourself by watching Netflix as you painted. 😉