Turkish Delight is a sweet, made with starch and powdered sugar. They are offered to Edmund in The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by the White Witch. They were enchanted of course which made them super addictive and a stomach ache inducing. We have a recipe without the curse attached.
These gelatin treats are really easy to make if you plan ahead. They are also inexpensive to make. Pretty sure Edmund could even pull them off.
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- rose/red pink food coloring
- powdered sugar
- In a saucepan, combine the gelatin, white sugar and water until mixed together over medium heat.
- Bring to a low boil and let simmer for five to ten minutes. Watch it so it doesn’t overflow or burn.
- When everything looks cloudy and mixed, turn off the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon rind, and food coloring. You can use pink food coloring or one to two dots of red.
- Rinse a square pan in cold water but don’t dry it off and pour in the mixture. Put into the fridge overnight.
- Using a sharp oiled knife, cut the Turkish Delight into squares and roll in powdered sugar to give it a generous coating.
Then consume! Remember that a little goes a long way. We don’t want you to get a White Witch belly ache. You can also add rosewater if you want a floral flavor.