On our last episode of Babes of Wonderland, we discussed Captain America: The First Avenger, and I pointed out that Peggy Carter was my favorite character in the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Now, there are several kick ass ladies in the MCU; Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, etc. Some of them even have more screen time, and more films in which they’re featured. However, I maintain that the most important of all these women is Peggy Freaking Carter. Now, I know what you’re thinking, is this article just an excuse for Laurel to fan-girl over Hayley Atwell and the amazing character she brought to life? Well the answer is yes, and no, there are several reasons that Peggy Carter should be your favorite character too, and I will outline them below.
1. The first time you see Peggy Carter, she tackles sexism by punching a misogynist soldier in the face.
2. She’s always slaying the 1940’s fashion, even while firing a gun at Hydra agents.
3. She liked Steve before he took the Super Soldier Serum.
4. She earned respect in the Army, at a time when women weren’t considered to be suited for much more than secretarial work or house chores.
5. She knows her value.
6. She’s not intimidated by you.
7. That’s probably because of certain skills she possesses.
8. She is fiercely independent.
9. …And Brave, did we mention brave?
10. She’s human.
11. She’s a loyal friend.
12. Her relationship with Jarvis is a quintessential example of a great platonic relationship.
12. She always has a plan.
13. …But she’s not afraid to color outside the lines.
14. she inspires loyalty
15. She finally got her dance.
16. She founded S.H.I.E.L.D.
17. In conclusion, Peggy Carter is a damn LEGEND.