To go along with our Holiday episode, I want to share with you guys one of my favorite simple yet delicious recipes. Chocolate covered peanut clusters. This is not only something I looked forward to my mother making every holiday season, but it also something I now make and my husband, friends and extended family all enjoy! Even better, it takes 20 minutes, TOTAL.
First our ingredients, you’ll need the following:
- package of almond bark (white)
- 24 oz bag of semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 2 12 oz cans of Spanish peanuts
Once you have all your ingredients together, follow these steps:
- place package of white almond bark in a large microwaveable bowl, microwave for 60 seconds.
- Take a wooden spoon and crush/stir the melted areas of the almond back, so that those areas becomes smooth. Microwave for 20 second intervals, repeating the crushing and stirring, until the mixture is all melted and smooth.
- Add chocolate chips, microwave for 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate and almond bark are fully melted and smooth.
- Add two cans of Spanish peanuts to the chocolate, string until all peanuts are coated.
- Take a large cookie sheet and cover it with wax paper.
- With the wooden spoon, place clusters of whatever size you would like on the wax paper.
- After you have placed your clusters on the cookie sheet, you have two options.
- You can let them sit at room temperature until they harden.
- Or as I do, you can place them in the freezer, they harden quicker and pack tighter I feel, when you do it that way.