Okay, by now I think we can all agree that we need to go to Shanghai Disneyland. The pictures, the news and the general Shanghai Disney overload is baring down on us all. It has us researching airline ticket prices and hotel rooms, wondering if we can make it a week with only two t-shirts and a pair of jeans, to ensure we can cart back as many souvenirs as possible. So why are we so excited? I mean most of us have been to a Disney park before, right? Answer: SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE THIS IS A NEW DISNEY PARK!
Here are just some the items that have us excited to visit Shanghai Disneyland:
- Storybook Castle, the biggest of call Disney castles yet built and it’s beautiful! Just look at the mosaics inside!
2. Mulan gets the respect she deserves! She saved China, and it seems in return Shanghai Disneyland is ready to celebrate her and her glory.
3. A Fantasia shout out. If you’re like us you may have grown up loving the Pegasus scene in the original fantasia. Well now they part of the enchanting new carousel at Shanghai Disney!
4. You can ride a lightcycle! We know you’ve seen pictures all over the web of the new Tron roller coaster in Shanghai Disneyland’s Tomorrowland area, but that doesn’t make it any less cool that You. Can. Ride. A. Lightcycle!
5. Mickey Avenue, Shanghai Disneyland’s version of Main Street USA, is quirky and imaginative. Just look at some of the features!
6. Pirates are a big deal. Not only is the Pirates of the Caribbean ride updated and more involved than the classic ride we all know and love, the park has a whole area dedicated to pirates and their scurvy adventurous nature.
7. Food. Disney always has fun and exciting food, whether it’s a dole whip, a Disney candied apple of Mickey waffles you’re after, there’s plenty of iconic food to go around at Disney Parks. Shanghai Disney seems to be no exception. Our favorite? The character themed dim sum!
8. You can wind your way through a one of a kind, Tim Burton inspired, Alice in Wonderland maze. The photo opportunities alone….
9. There are lots of live shows, not only great parades and character interactions, there are at least two live shows. A Frozen sing-along and a Tarzan acrobatic show!
10. It’s Disney, a Disney park experience always bares the hallmarks of great production value, attractions and family time. At this park there definitely seems to be plenty for all ages and new stuff for us Disney aficionados!