For our third episode featuring The Emperor’s New Groove, Laurel whipped up an epic raspberry cocktail (based on this recipe) that eerily resembles the poison for Kuzco, the poison chosen especially to kill Kuzco, Kuzco’s Poison. Below are the step by step instructions for your very own drink!
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 & ½ cups water
- 2 ounces Raspberry juice
- 2 ounces Raspberry Liqueur
- 4 oz good quality vodka ( Ketel one, Grey Goose)
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 ounce simple syrup (Bring equal parts sugar and water to boil in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved. Cool).
- Pink sugar crystals
- Raspberries for garnish
To make the raspberry juice:
- Combine 2 cups of frozen raspberries and 1 ½ cups of water and bring to a simmer, mashing the berries against the sides of the pain to release their juices. Strain into a cup or bowl scraping the seeds with a spatula along the bottom of the strainer to extract all the juice.
To Prepare the cocktail:
- Fill two standard size martini glasses with ice and water to chill.
- In a shaker combine the Raspberry Juice, raspberry liqueur, vodka and lime juice over ice and shake a few times until ice cold.
- Pour out the ice water from the martini glasses and dip the rims of the glasses in simple syrup then into pink sugar crystals. Divide the mixture between the two glasses and garnish with raspberries.