Disney has so many cats in their movies so why not make a toy for the cat in your life. Plus, Baymax loves hairy babies. This craft is super easy and a good way to brush up on your sewing skills.
MATERIALS – COST $5
– white felt or fabric
– black felt of fabric
– loose cat nip
– black and white thread
– sewing needle
INSTRUCTIONS – TIME approx. 30min
1. Cut two ovals out of the white felt. You can decide how big you want to make it. The example above is about the size of a standard business card.
2. Cut two circles for the eyes from the black felt.
3. Sew the eyes onto one side of the white felt. I used a basic overcast stitch for this.
4. Once the eyes are sewn in place, use the full back stitch technique to create the line in between the eyes.
5. Now that Baymax’s face is finished, match up the two ovals with the eyes facing out and stitch together using the overcast stitch again. Make sure to leave a small hole for the cat nip.
6. Add as much or as little cat nip you’d like for your hairy baby.
7. When the desired cat nip is inside Baymax, stitch it shut and TADA, you have a new toy for your kitty to play with.
Note* Make sure you check to see if your pet has any allergies to certain fabrics before making and only let them play with toys under supervision. Cats have a tendency to chock on stuff. Silly babies.